North Carolina Dealer College: Pre-Licensing Education
In order to become a licensed Independent Motor Vehicle Dealer in North Carolina, you must complete an approved 12 hour pre-licensing class.
This class will meet that requirement and provide you with in-depth information on state and federal rules and regulations.
Just some of the topics covered:
- How to get your dealer’s license
- What do I have to do before I can sell a car?
- How can I use my Dealer License Plates?
- Undisclosed prior damage, a dealer’s worst nightmare!
- What do the FTC and the IRS have to do with my business?
- Everything you wanted to know about financing
- Forms, forms, and more forms!
The Pre Licensing class is $325 and includes follow-up and support services.
Payment in advance is requested, if you prefer to pay at the class your seat is not guaranteed.
Contact us at 704-918-4138 for more information on payment options.
Select a class date from the calendar below and then Register and Pay
Pre-licensing classes are 9:00 am – 5:00 pm the first day, and 9:00 am – 1:00 pm on the second day.
Dates and locations may change, please register online or call us at 704-918-4138.
Link for more information on NC DMV's licensing requirements.