I previously posted that the tax on doc fees had been repealed. It was, but a later law reinstated it, effective 10/1, and I missed it. Sorry!
Effective October 1, 2014 –
· The collection of Highway Use Tax on Dealer Administrative/Document Fees will begin.
· A new field (Doc Fee) has been added to the Title Processing Screen (VT04).
· The new field (Doc Fee) is located beside of the Sale Price Field.
· The system will automatically add the Sale Price and the Doc Fee and subtract any Trade In Amount and calculate the Highway Use Tax (HUT) at the 3% rate.
· The Administrative/Document Fee will be collected for all Dealer Sales with a purchase date as of 10-01-2014 and after.
· If there is no Administrative/Document Fee charged by the dealer on the bill of sale an amount of zero will need to be entered.